¼ cup of canola oil
3 tablespoons of carob powder
1 cup of honey
½ cup of plain yogurt, nonfat
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
8 ounces of cream cheese, low fat
3 and ½ tablespoons of carob powder
1 tablespoon of carob powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Oil a square 8 inch baking pan with vegetable oil.
- In a large pan mix the oil and carob powder along with 1 cup of water, stirring to mix it and then allow it to boil. Once it boils take it off the heat and allow it to cool to normal temperature.
- In a different bowl mix the honey, plain yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Then add in the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter over the prepared baking pan and then put it in the oven. Allow it to bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until you notice the sides of the brownies are starting to loosen from the pan.
- Once it is done, allow it to cool to normal temperature and prepare the frosting.
- Frosting: Combine all the frosting ingredients in a bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it is smooth.
- Once the brownies have cooled completely frost them with the ice cream, then cut them in squares and serve.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days at most or wrap well with freezer wrap and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.